Tehama County Inmate Information
Inmate Mail Address:
P.O. Box 490, Red Bluff, CA 96080
Effective July 1, 2019, the Tehama County Jail will no longer accept drop-offs of legal mail to our jail window. Legal mail will need to be mailed to the specific inmate at the above address with “Legal Mail” on the front of the envelope. You may also come to the jail and ask to see the inmate to personally serve them.
CERTAIN ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED TO SEND THROUGH INCOMING MAIL TO A JAIL INMATE.
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF THE PROHIBITED ITEMS (subject to change):
- NO Polaroid Pictures/Unacceptable Photos/No nudity/vulgar poses/gang, etc.
- NO Stationery Items / Postage Items / NO EXTRA: Paper / Stamps / Envelopes
- NO Mail in Mail – Envelope with other mail in it / No Bubbled or Padded Envelopes
- NO Mail from ANY OTHER Locked Facility/NO Circumventing Procedures (NO 3-Way Mail)
- NO Address Labels / Stickers / Taped on Items
- NO Cash / Personal Checks / Money Orders
- NO Contraband /Spills/Unknown Substances (Lipstick/Perfumes) String, Feather, Ribbon, Paperclip, staple, Lamination, Post-It-Note, CD/DVD, Food, Clothing, etc.
- NO Books Unless from a Publisher/ NO Used – New ONLY / NO Leather,
- NO Hardcover-Paperback ONLY/NO Calendars/NO Spirals/Plastic/Metal/Profanity
- NO Magazines
- NO Cards of ANY kind/Greeting cards/Postcards/Bookmarks/Index/Plastic ID/Credit/Medical, etc.
- NO Paper such as: Construction/Drawing/Card Stock/Tracing/Hobby Craft or Felt.
- NO Usage of: White-out, Glue, Tape, Glitter, Glitter Ink, Color Crayons/Pencils, Markers/Color Markers/Highlighters, Paint, ANY type of Coloring Pens, etc.
NOTE: A COLOR COPY FROM COPY MACHINE USING COPY PAPER IS ALLOWED
Deposits may be made to an inmate account by any of the following three options:
In lieu of depositing money, family and friends may also order commissary items via the Internet at www.tehamacountypackages.com.