The Jail will not accept books, newspapers or magazines mailed from a book store or an individual. Books, newspapers and magazines will ONLY be accepted directly from the publisher or through online services (Amazon, Barnes and Noble….etc.) on behalf of the inmate. All publishers must be verifiable. No Hardcover books are allowed to be sent to an inmate, only paperback books and magazines will be accepted.
- No Hardcover, spiral, plastic, metal, coloring books or calendars / Paperback only
- Must be from publisher, No book stores. (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc. are okay
- Publications that are held together by ordinary staples will be rejected.
- Books, Magazines and Newspapers that contain photographs or pictures that display drugs, pornography, nudity, profanity, suggestive, gangs, gang tattoos, or hand gestures (signs) are not allowed
- No CD, DVD, or tapes allowed.
- No food products, cosmetic items, board games, personal clothing, etc.
- No stationary, note pads, envelopes, stamps, pens, pencils, etc. (These items may be purchased through commissary.)
- Inmates are not allowed to possess more than five (5) books at any given time.
- Any material that appears to be obscene or tends to incite murder, arson, riot, racism or otherwise compromises the security of the facility will not be accepted.
- Any items not listed which may compromise the security of the facility.
If material sent is rejected for delivery to an inmate, the sender may appeal the decision to the Jail Lieutenant. The rejection will be final fifteen (15) days after the date of the notice sent to the sender, unless the sender requests a review by the Jail Lieutenant. The written request for review must be postmarked within fifteen (15) days of the notice and mailed to the Jail Lieutenant at the above address. The appeal must be in writing, and should include the reason(s) for disagreeing with the mail rejection and any other pertinent information. The Jail Lieutenant or designee will provide the sender with a written decision within ten (10) days of the receipt of the request for review. The reviewer will not be involved in the original decision to reject the material.
Any inmate wishing to appeal rejected mail must follow the Inmate Grievance Procedure within the Tehama County Jail.
ALL unacceptable or improperly addressed inmate mail will be “Returned to Sender.”
NOTE: A COLOR COPY FROM COPY MACHINE USING COPY PAPER IS ALLOWED
Deposits may be made to an inmate account by any of the following options:
In lieu of depositing money, family and friends may also order commissary items via the Internet at www.tehamacountypackages.com.